January 19, 2010:
- State department is concerned that Aristide might try to return to Haiti.
Wikileaks ➝ #25789
January 24, 2010:
- A “major developments report” sent by “MDM” states that Haitians are fed up with Preval rule. They want him out and Aristide in.
Wikileaks ➝ #9355
May 4, 2010:
- Preval threatens to extend the election. Rumor has it he wants to profit from reconstruction aid.
Wikileaks ➝ #28511
January 16, 2011:
- Baby Doc returns to Haiti.
Wikileaks ➝ #29086
January 31, 2011:
- State department receives word that Aristide may have left Africa and is in Cuba. They request more intel.
Wikileaks ➝ #28894
March 14, 2011
- Cheryl Mills, Kenneth Merten, and Thomas Adams discuss notifying Rep. Waters to give her a head’s up that they were not preventing Aristide from returning to Haiti ever, just until after the elections.
Wikileaks ➝ #8287
- Special Coordinator for Haiti, Thomas C. Adams, spoke with Congresswoman Maxine Waters. Waters reiterated the 2004 story that Aristide was kidnapped by US forces and that the Lavalas was barred from the elections. At one point she asked Adams, “what are you going to do when he [Aristide] returns in the company of Danny Glover, Harry Belafonte and maybe me, mow us all down?”
- Wikileaks ➝ #28480
March 15, 2011
- 4:12 pm Email confirms Aristide’s return.
Wikileaks ➝ #8263
- 6:57 pm State Department receives information that Aristide will return on Thursday, March 17.
- Wikileaks ➝ #8272
March 16, 2011
- 10:45 am Jean Max Bellerive tells Cheryl Mills Aristide is set to return on Friday, March 18th–not the 17th.
- Wikileaks ➝ #8269
- 7:13 pm Cheryl Mills reminds Hillary Clinton to speak with Brazil’s Minister of External Relations Antonio de Aguiar Patriota re: Aristide. A subsequent email from Clinton stated that she saw Mills’ email after speaking with Patriota.
- Wikileaks ➝ #28441
- 7:14 pm Jacob Sullivan also advises Hillary Clinton to encourage Brazil’s Antonio de Aguiar Patriota to “not let him [Aristide] transit and should convey unhappiness to SA.”
- Wikileaks ➝ #28428
March 17, 2011
- 2:00 am – 4:30 am Cheryl Mills questions US Ambassador to South Africa Donald H. Gips re: Aristide’s departure and if he will be accompanied with Danny Glover.
- Wikileaks ➝ #28420
- 4:30 am – 5:30 am Gips confirms that Danny Glover will be with Aristide and that Rep. Maxine Waters will be waiting for his arrival in Haiti.
- Wikileaks ➝ #8261
- 10:25 am -10:40 am Cheryl Mills sends out email confirming Aristide will be departing around 9:00 pm.
- Wikileaks ➝ #8259
- 11:13 am Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills discuss a State Department call to South African Minister of International Relations Maite Mashabane
- Wikileaks ➝ #8257
- 9:30 pm The make of the plane, tail number, flight plan, and time of departure for Aristide is passed along to Cheryl Mills who forwards the information to (redacted), Jacob Sullivan, and Huma Abedin.
- Wikileaks ➝ #10500
March 19, 2011
- Hillary Clinton was given numerous updates as the election progressed. One example:
- Wikileaks ➝ #6568
March 20, 2011
- US Haiti Special Coordinator Kenneth Merten comments that media outlets were aware that Aristide and the Lavalas may have been “cheated” out of the election. Thomas C. Adams and Cheryl Mills commend everyone on their efforts during the election. Mills states, “You do nice elections…and make us all look good.”
- Wikileaks ➝ #6568
This is an Op-ed article. The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the post for any purpose. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
The views or opinions represented in this blog do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.